Friday, June 12, 2015

Food Follow Up

I'm attempting a new perspective on food. My sister read an article that said the body more fully uses the food it's fed if it is anticipated and enjoyed. So, I'm endeavoring to enjoy every bite. I've been doing it for a week now. I haven't lost weight, but I haven't gained either. Actually, this is progress. I've usually yo-yoed in my weight, as much as five pounds over a few days. To hold steady is unheard of, for me.

What else am I learning?

Enjoying my food makes me more aware of what I'm eating and how I'm feeling as I eat.

I'm learning that saying 'no' to a treat isn't deprivation; it's a choice that makes me feel good. If it's something I can't have later, I don't beat myself up for savoring it in the moment.

Instead of food choices being a struggle between what good for me and what I want, food choices are about being grateful for the gift given me to fill me physically. It does help to recognize that it won't fill me emotionally or mentally.

One step at a time.

Food is a celebration of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...