Thursday, June 11, 2015

Week 207 of REAL...

REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. 

PT ~ Physical therapy using 2-lb and 1-lb weights, alternating days.
UB ~ Upper body exercises
I'm starting low, at 10, to restart my workouts, with no weights yet.

5: 1/2-mile walk. PT. UB. Stretch.

6: 1-1/4 mile walk. PT. UB. Stretch.

7: Rest.

8: 1-mile walk. PT. UB. Stretch. Heat. Tennis ball.

9: Short walks. PT. UB. Stretch. Heat.

10: 1/4-mile walk. PT. UB. Stretch. Heat. Tennis ball.

11: Short walks. PT. UB. Stretch. Heat. Tennis ball.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



2 comments:

  1. Good for you for keeping up with your therapy, even when it involves some restarts! I'm praying you see much benefit from it in the near future, both physically and also just in the way having a routine helps you feel more established.

    I have been mostly faithful with my knee therapy; I'm on my own doing the exercises now. I know I'm making progress, so that is encouraging, but there is still pain, and I am still limited in how much walking I can do (because my knee hurts a lot afterwards!). I want to walk more so I can lose weight better, but at least I can go down stairs easier now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear the knee is feeling better. My sister swears by coconut water. She adds a little chocolate coconut milk, which definitely makes it more palatable. :-) I'm reaching the point I'm willing to try it. I've been adding coconut milk, but the water would reduce the calories. Go us! :-)

      Delete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...