Thursday, February 6, 2014

Week 137 of REAL...

REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. 
PT ~ Physical therapy using 2-lb and 1-lb weights, alternating days.
UB ~ Upper body exercises
I've worked up to 50 and then 10 more.

The 31st: 2-mile walk. Deadline.

February

The 1st: 1-mile walk. I'm feeling the day after deadline. Crashed for several hours in the middle of the day. I did enjoy my walk with my sister.

The 2nd: Rest. 

The 3rd: 2-mile walk. Nothing more. Feeling a little off.

The 4th: Something isn't quite right. I'm having trouble staying warm.

The 5th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. I'm having trouble saying awake as well. Hate this.

The 6th: PT.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...