Saturday, January 10, 2015

My Heroes... Those who stand...

...for life and liberty. The right to make mistakes and endeavor to do better. The right to choose. Granted, since God has given us the right to choose, it behooves us to choose rightly. However, if God, the Creator of the Universe and Master of all, is unwilling to withdraw our right to choose, then those who would deprive me of that right are choosing the adversary's side and to be abandoned to their fate.

The right to choose is not to be confused with avoiding consequences. One is not permitted to choose consequences. Those are a natural outcome of choices. Again, it behooves one to choose rightly if one wants favorable consequences. Believing otherwise is believing the lies of the adversary.

I'm made a lot of bad choices. I've made a lot of good choices. I endeavor to choose God whenever I'm uncertain. I confess I'm fallible. God sent a Savior. He cannot interfere with my choices and thereby my consequences, but He can ensure I don't suffer unduly provided I reach for Him in sincerity.

Pretending sincerity may work with people, but God knows.

Mark Twain was wrong: You CAN pray a lie. I've done it plenty of times. However, God knows it. Lying to God is beyond foolish. It's like saying water isn't wet and fire doesn't burn. Evidence is to the contrary.

Rule #1: Stop lying, especially to yourself.

I'm endeavoring to learn how to stand for what is right and good and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...