Friday, May 8, 2015

TBR List

30. Redeemed Act II by Julie King York Contemporary Christian Romance. Love this too. I wish there were more; I want to see more of their story. I know it's a Happily Ever After, but I want to know how many children they have and grandchildren, and what else do they do with their lives?

31. Your Life Still Counts: How God Uses Your Past to Create a Beautiful Future by Tracie Miles A Christian Self-Help book. I found the first half more useful for me than the last half, but that's because I know where I'm supposed to be going. I've struggled with grappling with my past. This was helpful.

32. Bound by Duty by Diane Gaston Regency Romance. She's one of my favorite writers and never disappoints.

33. My Dear Branson by Gail R. Delaney Suspense Romance. It's a cliffhanger.

34. Gideon's Secondhand Bride by Kristin Holt Western Romance. This is a novella. I liked it well enough I've added her to my favorites list.

35. Agents Under Fire by Dana Marton Action-Adventure Romance. Three novellas about three couples combine to tell the complete story. Vivid characters and locations, with a fast-paced plot made it a page-turner. For those who prefer clean romances, evening television is far worse. There a few swear words, but what was a bit more difficult for me is that the women each bore a history of abuse. Being novellas requires only giving enough facts to tell the story. I'm keeping this one.

36. Kicking Eternity by Ann Lee Miller Christian Romance. It isn't the typical Christian Romance, like something from Steeple Hill. It's grittier. I didn't hate it. I'm not sure I actually loved it. I'm interested in the other books in the series. It made me think. Perhaps it's a little too close to home with several of the characters.

37. Gentleman of Her Dreams (A Ladies of Distinction novella) by Jena Turano Christina Historical Romance. It was clean, but not really to my taste. I've never cared for the madcap heroine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...