Thursday, February 11, 2016

Week 242 of REAL

REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. 

PT ~ Physical therapy using 2-lb and 1-lb weights, alternating days.
UB ~ Upper body exercises
13 reps sometimes with weights.
200 minutes

SEALFit shared some good hints I want to learn and remember:

5: 30 minutes. 1/4-mile walk. Short walks. PT. UB. Stretch.

6: 60 minutes. 1-3/4 mile walk. PT. UB. Stretch.

7: Rest.

8: 40 minutes. 1-mile walk. PT. UB. Stretch.

9: 30 minutes. Short walks. PT. UB. Stretch.

10: 55 minutes. 1-mile walk. PT. UB. Stretch.

11: 30 minutes. Short walks. PT. UB. Stretch.

245 minutes

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

Dear Press: You may report the news, but to be honest I haven't heard you do much of that, not in a long time. What you have become is a...