Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Medical recommendations changed, again...

Last week, they decided eight 8-oz glassed of water a day is the most convenient to remember, which works well for women but not men, since men need more. From the Mayo Clinic, it's recommended men drink 3 liters of fluids every day, for women it's 2.2 liters of fluid every day.

Now, what works for me: 6-8 cups of water a day, plus whatever else I have in the way of liquids. During the summer, I need more water. I need to do a bit of Gatorade once or twice a week during the summer. I also use more Smart water during the summer.

Last weekend, they decided the 5-6 small meals are making America fatter. Instead, eat 2 meals a day, and watch the calories.

Now, what works for me, I'm much happier on the 2 meals a day program. I eat a late breakfast and an early dinner. I've tried doing 5-6 small meals. I really hate it. I feel overfull all day and like I'm eating all day long, not to mention it interferes with what I'm doing. I've tried doing 3 meals a day, a good breakfast to start the day and then tapering the next 2 meals. I end up feeling hungry all day. When I eat 2 meals a day, I'm hungry by the time I eat breakfast. I'm hungry when I eat dinner, and then I'm done.

I know what works for me does not work for a lot of other people, but then I can't eat whole grains without being sick. I can't even eat a lot of vegetables or fruit, i.e., more than one or two a day, without being sick. Sort of says it all.

Listen to what your own body tells you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly