Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Christmas Carol...

...by Charles Dickens.

I read it on December 1st to start my Christmas season off. I'm glad I did.

My favorite opening line, I think of all time:

"Marley was dead: to begin with."

I've struggled with the quotes about living in the present. It simply always felt all wrong. Then I read Scrooge's declaration that he would live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.

Yes! This makes perfectly good sense.

Aware of the Past for what good does it do us if we leave it behind. In the present, for obvious reasons. If you don't live in it, you miss it. And the Future, because you need a direction. Always striving to become a better person because I know where I came from, where I am, and where I want to go.

Charles Dickens was brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TBR 2024

41 .  Not Dead Yet ( Guardian series Book 6 )  by  Traci Hunter Abramson suspense romance.  42.   Secrets of St. Augustine (Sinister Secrets...