Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Changing my eating pattern...

Last month, my sister and her husband arranged for me to take care of their dog, cat, and house for a few days. We live less than a mile from each other. I didn't want to take my toothbrush. I would work at home, eat my meals at home, and then go over to their house for the night. I'd leave between five and six in the evening.

I never thought I could go all evening and overnight with only water.

I thought it was impossible.

I did the impossible.

Whoohoo!

I also learned something: I felt better.

Since then, I've been practicing. I notice a different.

I also know for a lot of people this would be horrible.

Because I've been practicing finishing all my eating between five and six in the evening, I was a little uncertain when I was tested.

Sunday evening, family gathered to visit. Snacks were brought out. It was after five. I'd already finished my dinner. I knew my goal. It was my choice.

I thought it would be impossible.

I did the impossible.

I thought it would be impossible to not be tempted.

I wasn't tempted. I looked at all the food and knew it wasn't healthy for me.

I did the impossible.

Thanks Joel Runyon! I'm doing the impossible!

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Yay for doing the impossible!

    I definitely sleep better if I don't eat after 6 pm -- which is awkward with our schedules being what they are. We are trying to have our heavy meal at midday, and eating lightly in the evening, and I think that's going to help as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy...
    This is called Intermitant Fasting. You can look it up on YouTube. Lots of info on it. They actually recomment going 16 hours/ 8 of it is sleeping, fasting, and then eat all your meals within 8 hours. I've tried it and you are right...you feel great! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

TBR 2024

41 .  Not Dead Yet ( Guardian series Book 6 )  by  Traci Hunter Abramson suspense romance.  42.   Secrets of St. Augustine (Sinister Secrets...