Thursday, April 18, 2013

Week Ninety-Five of REAL...

REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 50.

PT ~ Physical therapy using 2-lb weights M/W/F and 1-lb weight T/Th/S.
UB ~ Upper body exercises
BD ~ Belly dancing (my version of it, anyway)

The 12th: 3-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 13th: 3-mile walk. PT. BD.

The 14th: Rest.

The 15th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 16th: PT. BD.

The 17th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 18th: PT. BD.

It's noticeable to other people I'm losing weight. I haven't stepped on a scale in months. I don't miss it. My clothes are fitting differently. A few clothes have been removed from my closet. My fitness is improving.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...