Friday, April 5, 2013

I've been bad... very, very bad...

I drank an A&W root beer. I have soda pop maybe once a year. It reminds me why I don't drink it. It only happens when I'm really, really stressed.

Truffles, yep, been eating those, too. A lot of them. My only claim to doing well is that I saved the last ten for another day. Today. Tasted yummy, but tummy wasn't impressed. It's been a long time since I last felt like I had a rock in my belly. Ugh.

Eating everything I can get my hands on. Hate when I'm in this spot in my head.

Interestingly enough, I am doing my work outs, every day, all of it.

I need a do-over.

My niece has lent me "It Starts with Food."

Food and I have a very tenuous relationship. Can't live without it. I have a lot of hangups regarding it.

What I want to do? Curl up in a corner, under a rock, until everything blows over.

Sigh.

Not an option.

Please, God, see me through this nightmare.

8 comments:

  1. Good days and bad are totally normal! Self-awareness is so important and you are doing it! Great job!

    Side Note: if you decide the Whole30 isn't for you the book still offers some amazing information. You know your body better than anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started it, and I will be making some changes because of it.

      Delete
    2. It's sickening what happens to your body because of food, huh?

      Delete
    3. And happens alarmingly fast now I'm tuned in to recognize what's happening. 8*0

      Delete
  2. (((Judy))) I'm sorry that things are difficult at the moment. Sending you supporting thoughts. Hope it's gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((Kara))) Thank you! I appreciate it, and it does help.

      Delete
  3. ((((You)))) I'm sorry you are so stressed! It must be one of the hardest things ever to be disciplined with food when your inner self is screaming for help, and food is what helps (at least temporarily). I distinctly remember a very stressful situation in my life where I was shoveling in the chocolate like there was no tomorrow -- my head was telling me I would regret it, but I did it anyway. It really did help during that stressful time, but of course I had to deal with a weight gain for awhile after that. :-/

    Praying you get through this stressful time and also that you will be able to resist beating yourself up for giving in for a time to what your stress was craving. May God strengthen you in heart and body so that you can defeat the stressful situation and get back on track with your healthy goals.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ((((Margaret)))) The weight gain is the least of the problems. Tummy is miserable. Heartburn, nausea... ugh. Today will be better, because I'm going to make it so. I have to admit, this has been interesting, when I'm able to step back and look at it. I can remember when I would have eaten the entire cake I made. I didn't eat any cake yesterday, just the truffles, and I didn't eat all the truffles. I will do better... I'm already doing better. Thanks for helping keep it in perspective.

      Delete

TBR 2024

41 .  Not Dead Yet ( Guardian series Book 6 )  by  Traci Hunter Abramson suspense romance.  42.   Secrets of St. Augustine (Sinister Secrets...