Thursday, April 11, 2013

Week Ninety-Four of REAL...

REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 50.

PT ~ Physical therapy using 2-lb weights M/W/F and 1-lb weight T/Th/S.
UB ~ Upper body exercises
BD ~ Belly dancing (my version of it, anyway)

The 5th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD. Last Friday, I wrote a post about being bad, well, eating badly the last week or so. As bad as last Thursday was for eating, here's what I didn't do badly: I didn't have any cake. There was an almost whole cake waiting. I didn't eat it. I didn't eat ALL the truffles, just too many of them. I drank only one can of A&W not multiple cans. I didn't do great, but I did a whole lot better than I used to do. Go me.

Today, what I ate:

Breakfast: Cheeseburger, homemade, with homemade oven-baked fries, grape juice for the vitamin C, and chocolate cake.

Lunch: Carnation Instant Breakfast, with banana, coconut milk, and milk and a lemon cookie.

Dinner: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich ~ A stress food for me. The last 7 truffles. They're gone. They were yummy. Still stressing, but it isn't as bad as it was.

The 6th: 2-mile walk. PT. BD. After 7-1/2 weeks, hormones finally kicked in. Oh. THAT explains a lot!

The 7th: Rest.

The 8th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 9th: PT. BD.

The 10th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD. Cut back cat's claw, as in the parasitic vine.

The 11th: PT. BD.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly