Tuesday, April 23, 2013

For the food experts...

I'm allergic to bran.

I looked up bran allergies. What do I find? No one is allergic to bran. The experts touting that it isn't actually bran but a protein in the flour.

Oh, really?

Care to explain how I'm able to knead white bread with no adverse effects, but when I knead whole wheat bread the palms of my hands look like they're sunburned?

Care to explain how making a bran mash, straight bran, nothing else, makes my hands look like I've slipped on bright red gloves?

Apparently, I needed to say it. I think I can let it go now.

Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...do they itch too? I'd say you have an allegy~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They hurt terribly, beyond itching. I end up rubbing my hands for hours. Needless to say, I haven't touched whole wheat in years. I can't even handle things like oatmeal. Crazy.

      Delete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...