Monday, May 12, 2014

Carpe Diem... Kansas...

NASCAR ~ They started the show with an interview with Carl. Woohoo! Carl came in 6th. Go Carl!

Writing is painfully slow, which makes it horribly frustrating.

Sadly, another of my favorite authors has chosen to follow the trend of bad language and explicit sexual scenes. Another one onto the "No" list.

Good news though, I've found another author I think is a good find. I've read a short story and enjoyed him. I'll try a long story next and see how it goes.

Reviewing last week, it doesn't feel successful. Odd considering the fact that I made jam, did all my required work, finished reading several books.

Something's coming. Something... I'm afraid to say it... something, big. I fear I'm not ready... I'm afraid I'll disappoint God. I'm weak. I'm unreliable. I'm frail. I make mistakes, a lot of them.

4 comments:

  1. I don't believe God can be disappointed, actually. He already knows our weaknesses, anyway, and He's not worried about them. He loves us and our weaknesses are covered up in His loving forgiveness. He knows how ready we are (or are not) to face the things He sends our way. He's not sending hard things our way to show how strong we are to cope with them, or to prove that we are unreliable and weak -- He already knows our strength (or lack thereof) and it doesn't matter because we are already forgiven. The mistakes we make in our frailty are how he goes about making us stronger, while at the same time reminding us that we can't do anything in our own strength. And that's the way He wants it.

    I'm praying over 2 Corinthians 2:9 for you as you anticipate what God is going to do through you with the Thing that is coming, and that it will be a gentle time of growth, in spite of your weakness, as well as a time of God reassuring you that you are well-loved and accepted by Him. “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."

    ((((Hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((((((Margaret)))))) Thank you for being an answer to prayer, again.

      Delete
  2. Hi, again! I just read this in a devotional I read every day, and thought it was excellent -- decided to share it with you in the hopes that it will encourage you as you face the unknown today!

    "...Colossians 3:12-14, 'Therefore as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved....' Here in this verse is all the significance that anyone will ever need. We are chosen before the foundation of the world to be a child of the Most High. We are made holy: forgiven, purified and commissioned for significant work. And we are dearly loved: sought out bey the intense and pure desire of God the Ruler of all, unconditionally accepted, deeply cared for and delighted in."

    ((((More hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder, because sometimes it's really difficult to remember. (((((((((((M)))))))))))))

      Delete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...