Friday, May 23, 2014

Diet follow up...

Friday, I defrosted the fridge. Eating was pretty good.

Saturday, shoot. I discovered I didn't turn the fridge back on high enough for the freezer to kick in. I tossed everything that was soft. Fortunately, the hamburger patties were still hard. They were also sitting on a container of ice. This is an opportunity for me to rethink what I eat. Really rethink. Starting over fresh. I'm tossing more and more things. Is this part of the coming change?

Sunday, made cake for the purpose of eating it with the fresh raspberries that were on sale.

Monday, hamburger, cake and raspberries, toast and blackberry jam, chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast drink, and three Dove dark chocolate eggs.

Tuesday and Wednesday, beef sandwich, cake and raspberries, chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast, toast and blackberry jam, and Dove dark chocolate eggs. I know it's boring, but I actually do better with the consistency. It also means when I make an effort to do something different it's special. I've never cared for the attitude that food is only fuel. It's a blessing.

Thursday, beef sandwich, croissant and hot chocolate, Carnation Instant Breakfast, four dark chocolate covered cherries and blueberries, a chicken breast and mashed potato, and chocolate cake with raspberries.

What I'm finding baffling in this whole experiment is that I'm never really hungry. I used to eat and snack all day, and I still... oh. I was going to say I still felt hungry, but the truth is I still felt deprived somehow. Even when I have trouble with access to the kitchen, I'm not desperate. I work out something else.

I don't understand why writing out everything available to eat makes a difference in my head, but it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly