Friday, May 2, 2014

Exploring another diet...

This one is the one supposedly for type O blood. I've read through what I'm "allowed" to eat and what I'm not. Interestingly enough, I already follow it in many ways. Not so much in some.

I'm supposed to avoid milk, which isn't going to happen. However, lean beef is high on the list. It also recommends lamb. Whoever developed the diet obviously knows nothing about the "bad blood" between cattlemen and sheepherders. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had lamb. I wasn't overly impressed.

Pork is supposedly off my list but chicken and turkey are on the neutral list. I'm going to give trading out ham with chicken and turkey a try and see what happens. If I don't like it, pork will be back on the menu.

Come to think of it, I didn't eat a lot of pork growing up either. When I lived in Thailand, however, I ate only pork and chicken. The pork was amazing.

Interestingly enough, a number of foods I've cut from my diet on my own are on the avoid list.

The list wants me to cut wheat from my diet. Not happening. It won't hurt to make a few changes. I'm able to stick to something if the changes are tiny tweaks. I have ham to finish off, so I have at least a week to prepare my head. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I just this week started following the Weightwatchers Core Plan/Filling Foods list -- eat as much as you need of foods from the list, anything else gets its points counted. It's not gone perfectly, but I'm giving myself leeway as I get used to it. My main problem is making sure I eat enough breakfast so I'm not devouring everything in sight at lunch, in an effort to not have low blood sugar when I go to work in the afternoon. I really do think that tweaking has to happen, because no list every invented can speak to individual needs. I agree with you, it doesn't hurt to make changes, because in the long run, the simple fact that you are trying to follow a plan will make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, a bowl of rice crispies and milk fills me for at least four hours. Really. I've had bigger breakfasts that left me hungry on numerous occasions. This one works for me. I do use whole milk with a splash of coconut milk. No sugar. Sometimes, I include fresh fruit like a banana or strawberries.

      Delete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...