Wednesday, February 18, 2015

TBR List...

13. As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes with Joe Layden. This was a Christmas gift from my younger brother's family. It's a delightful read.

14. Rancher's Refuge by Linda Goodnight Whisper Falls series. A contemporary inspirational romance.

15. Baby in His Arms by Linda Goodnight Whisper Falls series. A contemporary inspirational romance.

16. Sugarplum Homecoming by Linda Goodnight Whisper Falls series. A contemporary inspirational romance. I was disappointed when the heroine shares advice her counselor gave her, and quickly corrects herself that it wasn't really a counselor but a mentor. It gave the impression that having a counselor was embarrassing but having a mentor was less embarrassing. I realize it's a common belief that one should be embarrassed by having a counselor. There was an opportunity to change that perspective, and it was thrown away. It may have been edited out, which was a poor choice for an inspirational story. I've had three amazing counselors, and I thank God for them. Linda Goodnight has been on my must read list for a long time. I always find something in her stories that uplifts me. I did in this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...