Friday, April 2, 2010

Thank Goodness It's Friday #3

Good Friday. Blessedly, my Savior did not shirk but drank the bitter cup, for me, for each one of us, to overcome our sins, our hurts, our ills. He endured immeasurable suffering to save each soul who would accept His priceless gift. Blessedly, God looks on the heart, and sees what I cannot. No matter how tattered or bruised, He sees with His perfect eyes of love and knows. Christ, the Savior, understands perfectly, to a depth I will never be able to imagine, sorrow and pain, brutality and injustice. In the darker moments of my life, when suicide seemed a viable option, I would find myself contemplating that meeting on the other side. How could I possibly look my Savior in the eye and say, "It was too hard. I couldn't take anymore." I've reached the point, now, where I am unable to say it even in prayers. I am able to say, "I'm tired. I'm not doing well. I'll try again, tomorrow." Because of my Savior, there is always hope. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...