Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Sabbath and Reading List #5

I briefly attended church this morning. I was feeling good enough that I thought I might be able to stay longer than 30 minutes, and then a young woman walked in wearing perfume I could smell though we were several chairs apart. My eyes watered, my nose ran, a headache started, my throat closed up, and I started to cough. I left. God had other plans, today. I finished More Than Words. Wow. Simply amazing how people see a need and find ways to fill it. At the American Revival, we were given binders with articles focusing on Faith, Hope, and Charity. I read the section on Faith, after moving all my notes from my little notebook to the binder. Taking the advice from Refuse to Choose (RtC), I wrote on the articles provided, as I had various insights. Then I read the preface to GMC Goal, Motivation & Conflict by Debra Dixon, to help me with my writing, followed by a chapter from 52 Ways to Raise Happy, Loving Kids. I have a lot to learn about parenting healthy children. Okay, I have none of my own and won't, so I'm reading it for me, to see if I can make some changes in my own life. There. That's me being honest with myself. I wrote in my journal where I keep my insights to my own life. Then I did the exercise outlined in RtC. That was a surprise. I decided to use my current WIP as the focus. It was quite eye opening. I'm looking forward to where this is taking me. Then I read a bit more from my homework assignment (ongoing for three or four years now) from my counselor. Finally, I read Continue in Patience by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency, from the most recent conference. It was uplifting. During it all, I've been listening to my Gaelic station on Pandora. :-) The theme is Gaelic with Christian music. I like the blend. This is the day which the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24.

2 comments:

  1. So many books! I can hardly handle one at a time. Such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a habit I picked up from my dad. I started using it when I found I needed time to think about what I read, so it will take me a while to read the whole book. I've been reading Toxic Parents for almost four years, sometimes only a few pages over two or three months.

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...