Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Seizing the day Monday and reading list #5

How did I claim my Monday? I decided I'd finish the Twilight series. As stated in list #4, I wasn't in a hurry, until I came to the end of Eclipse. I confess: I am Team Jacob, so I had to know! I read most of Breaking Dawn on Monday, and finished it, today. It is by far my favorite of the series. I was quietly cheering because I didn't want the roommates to wonder. Lots of fist pumping and wiggling in my chair. Stephanie Meyer is a gifted storyteller.

I'm in the first chapter of Refuse to Choose, and delighted by what I'm reading. Barbara Sher suggested a notebook or Daybook, like Leonardo da Vinci's notebooks. My first thought was "Why didn't I think of that?" Then I did a quick inventory and realized I had a half dozen notebooks for varying purposes. The difference, Sher suggests that the pages have no lines. Huh? What would I do without lines? My penmanship is atrocious. Why? Then she talked about drawing in it, and pasting in notes, and writing around the notes and drawings and noted that da Vinci even mirror wrote in his notebook. But I'm not an artist. My drawings are... well, not very good, at all. So what's the point? Then I thought of the "blueprints" I did of houses, rooms, and gardens. It would be nice to have them all in one place. So my sister is taking me shopping for a Daybook. I'm excited. :-)

Next, I'm starting More Than Words Volume 6. Every year, Harlequin showcases several women who are making a difference in their community. They talk about what they are doing, and then an author creates a story that features their contribution. I've learned about a number of remarkable programs. So many amazing people trying to make the world a better place.

Follow up: Sharpe's Challenge was great! So was Sharpe's Peril. Unfortunately, that's all PBS is showing. Sigh. Now, I'll simply have to see the rest, one way or another.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,

    Just wondering, how did you hear about Harlequin's More Than Words?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered eharlequin.com a couple of years ago when I couldn't find Diane Gaston's latest release on the shelves. There I discovered I could buy my favorite Harlequins direct, and could even plan in advance, with the upcoming feature. I found More Than Words when I was first exploring the site. I enjoy collections of short stories so tried it. I've put it on my must-buy list ever since. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...