Thursday, April 22, 2010

Following those little niggles...

I was recently challenged to follow those little internal nudges, no matter what, for the next 30 days. I've endeavored to do so, for years, but this was an opportunity to renew the personal promise.

Today, I had one of those nudges that quickly felt like a 2x4 over the head. There was something I'd been thinking about for a while, and had finally decided to do, today. I thought about taking care of it myself, but then came that 2x4. It had to be done, NOW, and only one person could help me.

I'm a firm believer that God loves a package deal. He not only helped me, but it helped the other person, too. What I was doing actually could have waited, but the other person had something to accomplish that couldn't wait. God did bless me with peace of mind and a sense of accomplishment. It wasn't a big deal, but it had been weighing on me, and now it's done.

Trusting those nudges isn't a strong point with me, as I was taught well not to trust myself. This challenge, coming when it did, is tying in beautifully with everything else I'm working on. God likes these kinds of package deals, too. Life is a complicated dance, with a variety of steps and turns, and at it's prettiest when everything is working in harmony together. God is all about harmony and working together. It's been a long time, but I'm looking forward to dancing, again.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is awesome! If only people listened to those nudges more often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's the challenge. Will you take it? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...