Thursday, November 15, 2012

Week Seventy-Three of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 33 and working at slowing it down.

The 9th: SEAL puppy rep.

The 10th: Two-mile walk with my sister. The Osprey is back. It flew straight at us, only a foot or two away as it soared over our heads. Awesome.

The 11th: Despite feeling physically out of it, I was able to enjoy a lovely day with writing friends and a couple Vietnam Vets, learning about firearms.

The 12th: Didn't try to do anything today. Let my body rest.

The 13th: I'm trying to keep my head above water right now. There are days like that... and weeks... and months...

The 14th: SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. First thing this morning, on my walk, I was a falling star. God wink. Thanks, God.

The 15th: I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying not stepping on the scale.


The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly