Friday, December 7, 2012

Pearl Harbor...

I grew up hearing about Pearl Harbor and the waking of a sleeping giant. I've heard stories from a veteran who survived the day, a sweet, gentle, kind man, gone from this world many years now. I think perhaps he was my earliest memory of viewing the military differently than what I grew up hearing. It was difficult to reconcile the disparaging remarks that were a part of my upbringing with what I knew of this man. A battle raged within me for years. The battle is over, and I'm at peace with myself in ways I never imagined possible.

God bless those who serve this country with honor and courage. (Saw this on FB)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...