Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Updating the TBR list...

Loved Gail R. Delaney's Something Better. A writer heroine and actor hero meet when he's contracted to act in the movie of her Sci-Fi series. Gail possesses a gift for writing heart-pounding attraction. I've read love scenes with less electricity than a kiss shared between Gail's protagonists. A couple of quotes I loved from the book:

"God is closest to those with a broken heart."

"Sarchasm ~ The giant gulf between the speaker of sarcasm and the dimwit that doesn't get it."

Catch That Santa by Karen Docter was a short Christmas-theme story. I don't want to read her longer suspense novels, but I'm interested in her Rom-Com (Romantic Comedy).

A dear friend sent me St. Dale by Sharyn McCrumb. Love the exchange between a reporter who asks a driver what's so tough about driving in circles for three hours. He replies: "And writing isn't very hard either, is it? Just juggling those same old twenty-six letters over and over again in various combinations?" For anyone who loves Dale Earnhardt, #3, this would be a great book. Sorry Dale, Carl's my driver, but then again I'm new to the sport. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...