Thursday, December 6, 2012

Week Seventy-Six of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 33 and working at slowing it down.

Physical therapy (PT) consists of 6 different upper body exercises, started to help me build my core muscles after I herniated a disc in my back. Now, consider, when I started physical therapy I could only do 10 reps of 3 exercises, sans weights. I was up to 33 reps 3x, 3x a week, but I fell out of the habit, so I'm starting over, though not at square 1. I'm going to do the 33 reps of 6 exercises with 2-lb weights 1x 6 days a week. We'll see how it goes.

I'm also starting a healthy skin routine, starting with my face. At this point, the advice is to do it for one week 2x daily.

The 30th: SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

December

The 1st: Physical therapy. Four-mile walk.

The 2nd: Rethinking about how I take care of me. I need to actually take care of me.

The 3rd: SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. PT. Facial 2x.

The 4th: PT. Facial 2x.

The 5th: PT. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. PT. Facial 2x

The 6th: PT. I haven't done my facials at the time of posting, but they are on the schedule. Sometimes I sabotage myself, making plans and then failing. Maybe if I start out doing something small like this, I learn to stop.


The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

TBR 2024

41 .  Not Dead Yet ( Guardian series Book 6 )  by  Traci Hunter Abramson suspense romance.  42.   Secrets of St. Augustine (Sinister Secrets...