Friday, March 21, 2014

Follow up on the middle of the week...

The editing was done in a timely manner. Yay!

The writing... not so much. I'm working on it. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not focusing or because I've other responsibilities or I'm distracted... Yes, I really do look at them as different things. They may be all in the same. Tough Luck is coming along, but much more slowly than I'd hoped, which is proving to be a perpetual problem.

Am I misusing the time God has given me?

Or am I not appreciating what I am able to accomplish?

2 comments:

  1. I think there are many things that detract from our ability to focus, and the fault doesn't always lie with whether we are using our time correctly or if we are focusing on the wrong thing. Being tired, not having enough of a break in between big tasks, having unexpected things come up that interrupt the flow of our work, are just a few of the things that can slow us down and put that target date for task completion seemingly out of reach.

    I think appreciating what you DO accomplish, in spite of all that, is huge, along with trying not to look too far ahead and letting the future affect what you are working on in the here and now. I know that there has to be some of that happening, because that's what deadlines are for -- to keep you on track. But sometimes the deadline makes us stress out and want to work harder, when trying to relax and letting the words that are destined for the day flow out.

    Praying you can rest in what you accomplish each day and that it will be enough to encourage you and also make progress towards your goal, so that it isn't a crunch at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the healthy perspective. :-) So many things to consider. I think it's also a matter of me attempting to improve my habits, and the old habits keep sneaking in. I truly appreciate the encouragement. ((Margaret))

      Delete

Exactly