Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Preparing for Easter...

Ash Wednesday

I've done a lot of investigating of Easter traditions. This is the list I came up with:

Lamb
Chocolate Bunny
Vanilla Candle
Chocolate Eggs
Jelly Beans

Pascha ~ Bread ~ Potica ~ Croissant
Meats ~ Ham, Bacon, Sausage (Kolbasa), Slannia
Butter and Cheese
Hrudka or snets (I looked it up at the time but couldn't tell you what it is now.)
Pastries and other treats

Easter Eggs ~ Pyrambi - decorated
Chorin ~ Horseradish and beets (ummm... no)

Wicker Basket
Ribbon tied around the handle of the Basket
Plate
Salt
Towels ~ White Cloth

I've endeavored to follow this list for the last few years. What I've learned, for me:

No jelly beans, really. I mean it. They look yummy. They are yummy, and I have absolutely no self-control. Be nice to me: NO JELLY BEANS.

No chocolate bunny. Again, once I start in on the little critter, I don't stop until it's gone. Sad.

I can eat the chocolate eggs in a reasonable fashion, so they're still okay, though they were almost half price after Easter, so maybe wait to buy them.

No eggs. Really. No eggs at all. My tummy thanks me.

Ham, cheese, bread are all definitely on the menu.

Vanilla candle ~ love it

Pity poor me, I allow myself to buy a new place setting if I find one I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...