Friday, August 7, 2015

Food Experiment...

I experimented with four different Ghirardelli brownie mixes, Double Chocolate, Triple Fudge Chocolate, Chocolate Supreme, and Dark Chocolate. Yes, I listed them in my order of preference, though all of them were yummy.

For the oil, I used half coconut oil and half corn oil. Don't know if it made a huge difference. The amount called for ranged from 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup, so I don't think it was a big deal.

I used mini muffin tins. One is about two bites. Four boxes used the muffin tins 5-1/2 times. My oven can't hold 2 mini muffin tins at the same time, so it was one at a time. I used a little scoop perfect for the mini size. I bought mine through Pampered Chef, totally and completely worth it. Unfortunately, there was no time listed for minis, and I'm afraid I cooked them a little too long.

I used paper liners so I could pop brownie bites out and re-use the pan. If I did it again, I wouldn't use the paper liner. I miss that wonderful crusty brownie outside. Not to mention, I lost a lot of brownie peeling off the paper. Paper liners work for cupcakes, not so much for  brownies. However, the paper liners did make it convenient for re-using the pans. Couldn't have done that as easily without it.

The Double Chocolate and Triple Fudge Chocolate made 30 brownie bites. The Chocolate Supreme made 33 brown bites. The Dark Chocolate made 35 brown bites.

They all freeze nicely.

Will I made any of them again? Probably not. The mix contains soybean oil. However, when I make brownies, I'll use Ghirardelli chocolate.

Many years ago, I made chocolate cookies, exact same recipe. The only difference was in one recipe I used Hershey's Cocoa and in the other I used Ghirardelli Cocoa. The Ghirardelli was darker and richer in flavor. I've used Ghirardelli ever since. My personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TBR 2024

41 .  Not Dead Yet ( Guardian series Book 6 )  by  Traci Hunter Abramson suspense romance.  42.   Secrets of St. Augustine (Sinister Secrets...