Monday, November 15, 2010

Carpe diem... not an easy one...

As seen in my previous post, I emailed my senators. I thought about it, and re-wrote, and re-wrote, and tweaked, until finally I prayed it would convey the appropriate message without being too off-putting, which accomplishes nothing. I spent the day writing that short note. I'd do something else for a while, and then come back to it, again, and again, and again, until I felt it was finished. Now, my heart is pounding, my hands are shaking, and my breathing is short, and I find myself asking, "What have I done?" Whenever I feel this way, I've usually done something right that scares me silly.

What else did I accomplish, today? A bit of reading, when I wasn't mulling over the letter. A load of laundry. Some yummy meals. And a decision to go through my things and cull what I do not use. This is something from FlyLady that I love and have kept: To keep it, you have to love it, not simply like it. It's also easier to let go of somethings that I like, if I know it will bless someone else's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TBR 2024

41 .  Not Dead Yet ( Guardian series Book 6 )  by  Traci Hunter Abramson suspense romance.  42.   Secrets of St. Augustine (Sinister Secrets...