Monday, November 15, 2010

Letter to my Senators...

Dear Senator,
I am a sexual abuse surivor. Regarding the new airport "security": Sexual abusers threaten their victims with their lives or those of their loved ones if they don't comply, so you are afraid to rescue yourself. Then a sexual abuser humiliates you, so you don't feel you're worth rescuing. Then a sexual abuser tells you it's for your own good, and they know what's best for you. How is what the TSA is doing different from what my abusers did, except that now I have no recourse and this is sanctioned by the government? Why am I going to be treated like a criminal? I've never had a ticket in my life. What happened to my right to modesty? I would be more than willing to allow a bomb-sniffing dog to check me thoroughly. I would be willing to come three hours early for a security check the way ELAL does rather than be subjected to further sexual abuse. You are in my prayers.
May God help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly