Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Debunking Silk's claim...

Feel free to ignore this blog post. I simply need to vent.

Silk recently aired a commercial about their Almond Milk. They claim it's better than cow's milk.

I'm lactose intolerant. The idea of finding a substitute, particularly a less expensive option, is appealing. I traded out generic lactose-free milk for Almond and coconut milk. Within a few weeks, my nails became soft, so soft they tore like paper, down to the nail bed. Wanting to be sure, I gave it a few more weeks. As soon as my nails grew past my skin, they tore.

I chose to return to drinking three cups of milk a day. Within a few weeks, my nails were stronger and stopped tearing. They break, occasionally, with use. Normal stuff.

Silk is not better than cow's milk.

Having said that, I do like to use coconut milk in place of water in recipes, such as pancakes and cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...