Saturday, April 5, 2014

My Heroes... A Stranger and my sister...

It's now been a week since my fall. I stepped wrong and hit the edge of the sidewalk. My foot rolled. Usually, I catch myself. I didn't. I knew it was bad. I put out my hands to save myself and jammed my right arm. Yeah, I screamed and cried. "Please, God, nothing broken." I lay on my back and made sure I could move my foot and my arm.

It saddened me that one came to check on what was happening.

I shifted until I was sitting on the ground.

An older gentleman was walking with a woman and dog. They approached us. Their car was right there. He put his wife and dog in the car (smart in this day and age) and asked if I was all right. He offered to help me up. I was too embarrassed to say that I was too fat for him to help. He offered his hands, first one and then the other, crossed. Never seen that before. He pulled, and my ankle complained. Oddly enough, my arm didn't. I was on my feet, and he suggested I head home because I was pale.

May God bless this man wherever he is for taking the time to help a stranger without judgment.

My sister took me to her house and pampered me until I was ready to go home. She's been taking me to pick up my work and grocery shopping.

My sister-in-law offered some of her frankincense, which is helpful for inflammation and calming. I use it at night.

To all those who offer help, especially when it isn't easy, bless you.

You never know when you do something small, it may be heroic to someone else.

2 comments:

  1. How easy it is to fall and how hard it is to recover from -- not only the pain of the actual injuries, but the pain of embarrassment of going all the way down and then having to get up again. I've had that myself after a fall, and I've also helped someone who had fallen in the snow, and she was embarrassed because of her bad knees that made it hard for her to help me help her. God is good, though, he puts people where they need to be when help is needed! I'm so glad that man was there and came to your aid. It sounds like he knew just what to do to get you on your feet. Bless your sister, too, for pampering. I continue to pray for your recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...