Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Heroes... George Read...

His father moved from Ireland to the new land. Thanks to his father teaching him Latin and Greek and then seeing to it he had capable teachers, George Read commenced the study of law at the age of seventeen. When he graduated, he signed away his rights to his father's estate because he felt he would be robbing the other children, considering his education his share.

He supported the cause of Independence from the start and did whatever he could to help it along.

What I note again and again in the Founding Fathers is that they were all involved in the community. They actively participated. They didn't wait for someone else to do something, they did whatever was within their scope of capabilities. The more they participated, the more qualified they became for what came next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...