Thursday, July 15, 2010

Food day...

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, Thursday is shopping day. Made out like a bandit, today, taking advantage of the sales. Whoohoo!! Love it. I'm making zucchini a regular part of my menus. (Wow, 'menu' doesn't that sound so much more yummy than diet?) I also purchased fresh lemon. I read somewhere that adding a slice of lemon to your water helps your metabolism. I've also heard that the water should be cold. So, I drop a slice of lemon into one of my pretty goblets, add water, and cover with saran wrap (yes, I have the saran wrap gene), and then enjoy it with lunch and repeat for dinner.

Dried blueberries or raisins? I have both, but I've discovered I truly do prefer dried blueberries. Hands down. Who knew? I really love blueberries.

Oh!!! A celebration of sorts... maybe... anyway, something I'm proud of choosing. I had coupons for ice cream, my favorite, Private Selection Rocky Road. The BEST! It was also on sale this week. The coupons expire, soon, as in a few days. One of the coupons was for a free one! I made a choice. True, it wouldn't cost much money, but I decided I didn't want to pay for the calories. And I actually feel really good about my choice. Stop it! Pick your mouth up off the floor and stop staring! Yep, I really made that decision and am proud of it. Maybe there was a shift in the space/time continuum or an unexpected wormhole. This is so unlike me, or at least unlike who I used to be. One day at a time. That's all God asks. I can do that.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! You are awesome! I love saying menu instead of diet. Great idea. Hope you are well and I may have to steal some meals from your menu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my better inspirations, and I'm happy to share. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so so so so so soooooooooooooooo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, thanks for the nudges. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...