Sunday, July 4, 2010

Thank Goodness It's Sunday #14

Happy Independence Day!!! God bless America.

~I'm grateful I live in the United States of America. I've lived in Asia and Europe, and there's no place like home.

~I'm grateful for freedom. I'm becoming more and more appreciative of the freedom to choose. Granted, with all the freedom given to me, it behooves me to choose well. Sometimes I do; sometimes I don't.

~I'm grateful for the Atonement, which not only allows me to repent of wrongdoing, it also offers peace and comfort and healing.

~I'm grateful for our service men and women, fighting for freedom. God bless them and protect them.

~I'm grateful for our founding fathers and the courage they displayed as they struggled to create a new nation where freedom was more important than being safe. If they wanted safe, they never would have dared to cross the ocean. Or perhaps it is more that they recognized that true safety is only found in the freedom to choose; anything else is only an illusion of safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...