Monday, December 20, 2010

Carpe diem... and a quote on fear...

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the judgement that something else is more important than fear."

I finished the four-book series of the Kelly Chapman Files by Tara Taylor Quinn. Wow. Talk about a page-turner! It's more mystery suspense than romance. Tara Taylor Quinn is a champion of abuse survivors, most particularly domestic abuse, unfortunately with the background to understand, but also the courage to move past it.

Christmas carols are playing.

Did you know that cream cheese kept in the freezer, even for more than six years, is still yummy in cheesecake?

Another Christmas-related task was accomplished, much better than I expected.

And enjoyed a phone call from a friend wishing me a Happy Birthday, as well as cards from friends. Others have arrived but won't be opened until tomorrow, when it's official. :-) God has a sense of humor: I'm almost brainless for my birthday. Though there probably won't be snow, there should be rain, as close as this place manages to come to snow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy,

    Happy belated birthday! I'm a December 14 baby. It's nice to have a birthday right before Christmas, especially when you get two sets of presents. I hope you and your family have a wonderful CHRISTmas and New Year celebration. I loved your comment on my latest post. There would be no CHRISTmas without our wonderful Savior!

    Blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...