Saturday, December 25, 2010

On the first day of Christmas...

Today is the first day of the twelve days of Christmas. The twelfth day of Christmas was believed to be when the Wise Men made their appearance. Whether that is true or not matters not to me. This year, I decided to celebrate the twelve days of Christmas, to more fully appreciate the priceless gift given to the world.

My true love gave to me memories.

I woke to the account of the Christmas story found in Luke running through my head.

As I helped with wrapping presents last night, for my great niece and nephew, I shared stories of past Christmases spent with my dog.

Over this past week, I've enjoyed visiting with those who hold a place in my heart.

Looking back, I see how far I've come.

So many good memories.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I was thinking about your dog on Christmas Day... hoping you were not too sad.

    I'm hoping to get a new dog sometime in the next month or so. A little teeny thing. Never had a small dog. Though it might work.

    Hope your memories proved soothing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sharron! I still miss her. Hope the little dog works out!

    ReplyDelete

Exactly