Friday, December 10, 2010

Weirdness, no matter how you look at it...

The internet went out, again. What is God trying to tell me? My internet is my connection to the world, and so many friends I never would have met without it. The tech guy is coming, tomorrow, and I'm letting him because maybe he'll understand what I clearly don't. Be that as it may, God's hand is in it. You see, the connection was sporadic, read up for a few seconds than gone for several minutes. I was working. I had two medications and two conditions I needed to find for spelling and/or verification. All four times, my connection would be long enough to accomplish the search, even if it meant pulling up the internet (then it would go down) typing in the word or words (then it would go down), and finally doing a quick enter, and having exactly what I needed popup, and then it would go down. Work is done, despite feeling frazzled. Since it was down this afternoon, I needed a way to relieve some of the stress, so I gathered up things I plan on giving away, books, VHS tapes, a few LOTR things, clothes, and other odd bits. My room is far less crowded, and I like it. Now, clearly the internet is running fine. It afforded me the opportunity to watch Glenn Beck, thanks to watchglennbeck.com. Thank you! Jon Huntsman was the guest. What a remarkable man. And I finished the day feeling inspired and grateful for all my rich blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the tech guy can offer you a fix, or at least some peace of mind that it's not you or your computer, if it's just the cable company being wonky. That happens more often than not, that's usually what our trouble is, and we just have to wait it out. It's so hard to know sometimes! But it's aggravating when the internet really is your line to the world and the people you need to be in touch with, and you can't rely on it.

    How cool is that, though, that you were still able to get your online work accomplished, and that your computer down time helped you feel more in control in other ways, rather than less?

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for internet... Now if we can only keep the FCC's fingers out of it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...