Sunday, December 26, 2010

On the second day of Christmas...

December 26th is usually known as Boxing Day, except when it falls on Sunday, like this year, then it's celebrated on the 27th. The 26th is also known as St. Stephen's Day, a martyr. Unfortunately, I also checked some of the traditions and found that some of them were quite grizzly. Sometimes, change is good.

My true love gave to me change.

Christ is the greatest believer in change. He suffered Gathsemane and Calvary on the promise that if I accept Him, I will be changed, for ever. The opportunity to change what I do, how I think, what I know, what I believe.

Over the next few days, I will reflect on where I've been, where I am, and where I would like to be this time next year. I cannot change others about me, but neither can they change me, without my permission. What will I allow in my life this coming year? What will I expect of myself? Change is the gift I was given, and I will give myself by creating a plan to carry it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly