Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve... are you ready?

Yesterday, when I was driving to pick up my work, I was merging onto the freeway and found myself behind a low-rider truck. I was surprised by the amount of spray on my window. Yes, it had rained, but I didn't expect that much. So I moved over to the middle lane. Then the truck swerved, enough to scare me, and put ever sense on high alert. I slowed and moved over to the far lane just as the truck swerved again, right to where I would have been. I knew the truck's tire had shredded. It wasn't rain that had been spattering my windshield but bits of rubber. Fortunately, the driver was able to regain control of the truck and move over to the side of the road. It all happened in about two seconds. Fear was my friend in that moment. I offered a prayer that someone with the right skills would be able to help that driver.

The shopping is done. Everything that can be done has been done. I open presents on Christmas Ever, and then on Christmas Day, I reflect on the year, and make a list of the gifts I will be giving myself in the coming year. I started this tradition, last year, so this will be the first time I have a review. I'm looking forward to it. Christ, the reason for the season.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas.

    VERY glad you got out of the situation with nary a scratch. Though frayed nerves can be a real pain too! You know I speak from experience.

    Just left my daughters - we open gifts with extended family there and then the crew comes over to my house Christmas Day and we open more presents.

    This year, since my oven is broken, we'll be getting together tomorrow morning at Angela's...

    Again Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...