Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sorting...

I'm feeling overwhelmed. Why?

Upcoming Romance Reader Event, Arizona Dreamin'. I'm looking forward to it, and yet it's also scary. I'm meeting new people, though many of them I've interacted with online. It's still meeting new people, new wonderful people, but new people. Yes. It's always tough for me, but I pull up my head and move forward. I've had a lot of great experiences. I anticipate this one being great also, but I won't pretend all the interaction isn't overload. I'm planning some down time.

After I finish editing, I always feel a bit drained, like I poured everything into the book. Now that I've written it, it doesn't sound so bad. I try to give myself recovery time, but I suspect I underestimate how much time is needed. Then again, I have more deadlines, so dawdling isn't an option.

I'm prepping the fourth book. It's written in part, but there's a great deal of work yet. I need to properly schedule my time so everything is done that needs to be done, on time. I am capable, but it won't be easy. I'm okay with that. I just need a little time to panic once in a while. Then it's shut up and buck up time.

The Desert Rose meeting, last night, was very informative. It was both encouraging and discouraging. I'm okay with that. I've set my course, with no desire to turn back despite the possible threat of storms. Welcome to real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly