Thursday, May 3, 2012

Week Forty-Five of REAL...

National Day of Prayer ~ One Nation Under God

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
500 yard swim using breast and/or sidestroke 12.5 minutes 10 minute rest
Perform a minimum of 42 push-ups 2 minutes 2 minute rest
Perform a minimum of 50 sit-ups 2 minutes 2 minute rest
Perform a minimum of 6 pull-ups No time limit 10 minute rest
Run 1.5 miles wearing boots and long pants 11.5 minutes

Here's the link if you're interested in the whole thing: http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. This week, I try to increase my reps. I've worked up to 22, across the board.

The 27th: weigh in: 233 lb. Not bad considering the stress eating I did, yesterday. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 28th: weigh in: 2-something lb. Don't know. I did do my physical therapy. I ate too much. The food was abundant, and I was stressed. Not a good combination.

The 29th: weigh in: 2-something lb. Again, I don't know. Again, the food was abundant, and I was stressed. I never handle well anything I do for the first time. The primary goal becomes to make it through with as little drama as possible and hopefully with my dignity intact.

The 30th: weigh in: 234.4 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

May

The 1st: weigh in: 233.2 lb. One-mile walk. Physical therapy.

The 2nd: weigh in: 233 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Note to self: I have no self-control when it comes to ice cream. I've found a better donut, P.Croissant, so I'm no longer tempted to buy donuts. I need to figure out something better, healthier, easier to control. Yea. Good luck with that. :-P

The 3rd: weigh in: 232.8 lb. Waist circumference: 39". How that happened after what I ate, yesterday, I do not know, but not knocking it. One-mile walk. Physical therapy, with 2-lb weights. Yes, I think of what I could accomplish if I ate healthier. Today, starting today, I will eat healthier. It really is helping to eat a little every 2-3 hours. I'm drinking all my water, 6-8 cups a day. I'm learning to not hide behind my weight. I am capable. Go me!

Inspiration, at least to me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...