Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What didn't get done...

Laundry wasn't done. It's okay. Friday is soon enough, or Wednesday. It's flexible.

Transcribing. Nope. Not at all.

What happened?

I turned my days and nights around. It's cooler to sleep during the day. I prefer to sleep cold. Night is too warm. My writing is also more of a nocturnal activity, so I often find myself writing away, and suddenly it's the wee hours of the morning.

I did manage to finish a book by a new author. It should have been half as long. There were entire scenes that needed to be cut, and a lot of repetition. I wanted to quit, but had promised myself to see this one through to the end. I truly did love the last half, though there was a lot of superfluous material. Tightening the story would have done wonders.

So, how did I spend my evening? My current WIP is on the chopping block, cutting and tightening material. Not to mention asking myself, "Does this need to be here? Does it move the story along?"

I want each story to be my best final effort, not my best first effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly