Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This week's reading...Abby Gaines...

I finished Abby Gaines' That New York Minute, and loved it! Abby is on my Must-Buy list. Her humor is laugh out loud, and her couples are so attracted to each other they sizzle, but she doesn't go beyond the bedroom door. In a line of books that is predictable for when the couple will fall into bed together (almost to the page), her characters resist, and yet I've never been disappointed.

Most of her books are contemporary, but she's recently released The Wrong Sister, a historical inspirational. It's in my TBR pile, still unread, because it's the first in a series, and I like to read a series all together. Her love of NASCAR fed mine. She usually has a secondary couple, often older than the typical 20s and 30s. In this latest, I knew how the hero would need to change, but I couldn't figure out how she'd create a change in the heroine. When I read it I thought it was perfect. Yes, I own all her books.

She also has some cool features at her website. My favorite is titled "After the End" under the For Readers section on her website http://www.abbygaines.com/ where she offers extra scenes to most of her books. I never want her stories to end, and when they do, I wish there were a little bit more, and there is! Someday, I want my website to be like hers. :-)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really great idea. I know my ending will be different from what folks expect. To put an alternate ending on my blog would be such fun. Thanks for the idea...

    ReplyDelete

REAL Apr 15-20

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake Trying to walk 1 mile 3x a week. Only made it twice this week. The...