Thursday, September 13, 2012

Week Sixty-Four of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 33 and working at slowing it down.

For a while, I'm going to try and keep track of my weight only when it goes down. It's too easy to start from the new higher weight.

The 7th: weigh in: 233.6 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. No surprise. Eating does not take precedence over editing.

The 8th: Two-mile walk and physical therapy. Edit

The 9th: Edit

The 10th: SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Edit

The 11th: One-mile walk. Physical therapy. I'm trying something new in my walking. I can't job, so I thought I couldn't do stuff like wind sprints. Silly me. I power walk, the whole pumping arm action. I also discovered I don't walk with my whole leg. Stop laughing. I didn't using my hips except for connecting my body and my legs. Now, think of power walkers. They walk funny. Admit it! You laugh when you watch it! I have been strolling all my life. Sometimes I stroll faster but still a strolling motion. We'll see how this addition to my exercise works out.

The 12th: SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 13th: Measurements: Arms: 14.5, 14 Bust: 44.5 Waist: 39 Hip: 51.5 Thighs: 29 Calves 18, 17.5. The brutal truth. Time to change. Time to be REAL and do the IMPOSSIBLE. 1.5-mile walk. Physical therapy.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly