Thursday, September 6, 2012

Week Sixty-Three of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 33 and working at slowing it down.

I'm going to try something new. If my weight isn't lower than the day before, I'm not going to post it. I need to concentrate on letting go of the weight.

So many lies. The truth: For me, food is about life and death. I've been told all my life that my eating will kill me. It hasn't worked so far. When I eat badly the underlying intent, whether or not I want to admit it, is I expect to die. When I'm eating healthy I'm choosing life. Simple and as complicated as that.

The 31st: weigh in: 235 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

September

The 1st: weigh in: 234.2 lb. Three-mile walk and physical therapy. Hot and muggy this morning. Ugh.

The 2nd: Being awake at 5:30am, without an alarm clock, I discovered "Sit and Be Fit." I've seen it before and could only think, "It's too easy." Pardon me while I eat humble pie. I tried a little this morning. It's quite a little workout. I'm going to start it this week. Pity PBS doesn't have it every day.

The 3rd: weigh in: Unpleasant discovery. I could change my weight by more than a half pound simply by changing where I stand on the scale by a fraction of an inch. I need to rethink this. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 4th: One-mile walk. Physical therapy. Sit and Be Fit 30 minute program.

The 5th: weigh in: 234 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 6th: Waist circumference: 39". One-mile walk. Physical therapy. Oops. Forgot to post. Yeah, I'm editing, and it's like that.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

REAL Apr 15-20

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake Trying to walk 1 mile 3x a week. Only made it twice this week. The...