Friday, July 19, 2013

Almond Milk is not working out...

Okay, I tried it. My feet hurt like they did when I ate eggs on a regular basis.

I'm allergic to eggs. Really, really, really allergic to eggs. On the RAST (food allergy test), highly allergic starts at 720 points. I tested at 1122 points, thereabouts.

I used to eat khai yat sai on a regular basis. It's a Thai dish and one of my favorites. Stir fry ground pork or chicken. Set it aside. Stir fry vegetables. In the US, I used zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Set it aside with the meat. Fish sauce and soy sauce are added during the cooking, but since I didn't keep fish sauce on hand, I only used soy sauce and only sparingly. Pour in 1-2 beaten eggs and roll the pan so the egg would spread out into a thin layer, like crepe batter. In a minute or two, it will be cooked because it's so thin. Add the meat and veggie mixture in the middle of the egg "crepe." Fold the sides over the top, making an envelope or pocket. Serve over rice.

Yes, I really miss eating khai yat sai.

I don't miss my feet hurting from eating eggs.

So, yes, I know the symptoms of an allergic reaction to something I eat.

Almond milk is off the table.

Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly