Thursday, July 18, 2013

Week One-Hundred Eight of REAL...

REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. 
Hip lifts
PT ~ Physical therapy using 2-lb weights.
UB ~ Upper body exercises
I've worked up to 50 and then 10 more.
BD ~ Belly dancing (my version of it, anyway)

The 12th: 1-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 13th: 1-mile walk. PT 50 plus 10 x2. BD. Yard work. Team Froglogic challenged me to workout 1 hour and 20 minutes every day for the next 30 days. I'll take a break on Sundays, so I won't count them. I already know I need the rest on the Sabbath. Don't need to test that one again.

The 14th: Rest.

The 15th: 1-mile plus a little more walk. SEALp. PT and UB 50 and 10 x3. BD. 1 hr 20 min.

The 16th: PT. BD. Doing a rethink on the TF challenge. I'm swamped with 3 deadlines, all at the end of this month. I'll start the challenge on August 1st. Between now and then, I will increase my workout times, so I'm ready.

The 17th: 1-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 18th: PT. BD.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

TBR 2024

41 .  Not Dead Yet ( Guardian series Book 6 )  by  Traci Hunter Abramson suspense romance.  42.   Secrets of St. Augustine (Sinister Secrets...