Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Article on Shine...

...about water.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/researchers-magic-amount-water-drink-weight-loss-212000797.html

I actually do this... well, not the two glasses before a meal. For myself, I need to hydrate all day long, but I do better at 6-8 cups of water a day, depending on the heat and my workout. The more I sweat, the more water I need. No brainer.

In other articles I've read, they've said that the body only processes about 8 oz of water at a time. They need to be 15 minutes apart to be useful. So, if you drink more than that, you're overwatering. :-)

My sister found that drinking too much caused swelling and other problems. Yes, you can drown yourself drinking too much water. You also wash out your electrolytes. Electrolytes make your brain work. Yep, having to learn to watch the electrolytes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REAL Apr 8-13

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake 3 1-mile walks this week. Sleep has been abominable with the heat....