Friday, July 26, 2013

Why I keep milk in my diet...

I've heard, more times than I care to recount, how I should dump milk from my diet, for a myriad of reasons.

Recently, during my writing binge, shopping wasn't done. Yes, everything pretty much goes to the wayside, especially when I'm cutting it close on a deadline. It doesn't happen often, but enough I've learned the pattern.

I ran out of milk. I managed not to panic. I did have coconut milk and almond milk. Yes, it's out of the diet, as soon as I finished off what I already have on hand. My little Scottish heart won't let me simply dump it.

I was cutting back to make what little milk I had left last.

Milk is filling, at least for me. It's a comfort food.

My nails are brittle without milk in my diet, really brittle. Drive me crazy brittle. Break and tear brittle.

When I drink 2-3 cups a day, the nails aren't perfect, but they are much better.

1 comment:

  1. All these "experts" who decide something shouldn't be eaten or drunk are just promoting their own pet diets, I think. Their arguments seem unconvincing to me. I want to say to them, if you have a problem with milk then don't drink it; but don't tell me I shouldn't drink it because you don't want to! ;-) I'll decide for myself, thanks. I do have to limit milk in the evening for better sleep, but there's no way I'm going to give it up totally just on some expert's say so.

    It's really just common sense, and if you know yourself, you need to stick with what you know is good for YOU. I think all this flopping around people do whenever a new fad "don't eat this" suggestion comes out has to be worse for them than just being sensible and sticking with what they know already works!

    ReplyDelete

Exactly